Giveaway Week – Rainbow Dolls
We are kicking off Giveaway Week of with our old friend Megan from Rainbow Dolls. You remember Megan, don’t you? You should, as a lot of you found your way to this blog through her last giveaway, which had over 600 entries! Well, she is back and generously giving away another one of her amazing dolls.
This time you will have a chance to win Audrey, a handmade 12” Rainbow Doll with green eyes, light tan skin, and brown and raspberry colored hair made with all natural organic materials. She is wearing a cute handmade outfit made by Cleo and Twigs.
Materials: organic eco-wool, organic cotton interlock, French cotton floss, handspun wool yarns
Dimensions: 12” tall
Retail value: $125
I asked Megan to tell us a little bit about herself and her dolls. Details on how to enter the giveaway follow the interview.
Tell us a little bit about yourself:
My name is Megan and I am a mommy of two wee ones. I live in Orange County, California, and make my dolls during naptime and after bedtime for my kids. I like to give the dolls lots of fun colors in their hair, hence the name Rainbow Dolls. I really enjoy making them and knowing that there are kids out there who love them and are cuddling up to something that is all natural and organic.
And a little about the items you sell:
The dolls and doll clothing take me many long hours to make. I work every day and try to give myself a day or two at the beginning of every month to take a break and relax, but sometimes it’s hard to force myself to do that. They are each hand crafted, unique, and one of a kind. Many of the yarns that are used cannot be duplicated and each doll seems to have his or her own personality.
What is your creative process and environment like? (for example: Are you a rigid planner or do you wing it? Do you work to music or silence? Messy or neat?)
I like to have my schedule so that I know I have the time to make my dolls when the time comes. I work to music or watch something on my laptop while I work most of the time. I try to keep everything neat, but it always ends up getting messy and I have to start over and organize everything again about once a week. I usually get inspired by looking at the yarns and then matching the yarns to fabrics.
When you’re not creating, what do you do? I spend time with my family, try to keep up with cleaning my house, doing laundry, and all that normal kind of stuff that everyone has to do. I am also a licensed hair stylist and usually have someone’s hair to do a few times a month.
Quick! What is your favorite:
Cookie: chocolate chip
Sappy love song: “Pictures of You” by The Cure
T-shirt: The Bauhaus shirt that I got from their concert when I was 15
Nail polish color: Never wear the stuff but light pink
Is there anything else you’d like us to know before we say goodbye?
Good luck to everyone and thanks for liking my dolls!! Thanks Marigold for hosting this giveaway again!! You rock!
To enter the Rainbow Dolls giveaway, become a fan/like Rainbow Dolls on Facebook, then come back here and leave a comment letting me know (Already a fan? Just leave a comment and let me know!). Make sure I have a way to contact you if you win – an email address or a username to message you via Facebook, Twitter, Etsy convo, Blogger, etc.
Giveaway is open to US residents & International residents with restrictions – see official rules for details
Only one entry per person (NOT per day).
Giveaway ends Monday, October 25, 11:00AM PST
- Giveaway closes on Monday, October 25, 2010, at 11:00AM PST. Comment datestamps must be recorded by that date/time to be eligible.
- Winner will be chosen by random drawing and will be announced on Monday, October 25, 2010, at 12:00 NOON PST.
- The giveaway is open to both US and International participants. However, Rainbow Dolls will provide free shipping to US participants only. INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE READ: International participants must pay for shipping & handling costs above cost of USPS Domestic Priority Mail Shipping, including any customs duties, fees, levies, and taxes. Payable via PayPal.
- Minors under the age of 18 must have parental/guardian permission to enter (if you are under 18, we will need to contact your parent(s)/guardian if you win and make sure they said it was okay-so ask permission before you enter).
- I will announce the winner on my blog and make every attempt to contact the winner. You may wish to leave your email address in your comment, or a place where I can message you via Facebook, Twitter, Etsy, etc. If the winner doesn’t respond within 10 days, a new winner will be chosen.
- Item will be shipped directly by Rainbow Dolls via USPS Priority Mail. Expedited shipping and/or insurance may be purchased by the winner for an addtional fee (per Rainbow Dolls Shop Policies). Item will NOT be insured against damage by the postal system unless additional insurance is purchased. Payable via PayPal.
- Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! (Marigold Haske) is not responsible for loss/damage and/or disputes concerning the winning item. If there is a concern about the giveaway itself, please contact Marigold. Once the winner has been selected, all concerns will be handled between Rainbow Dolls (Megan Dendinger) and the winner.
- All Rainbow Dolls Shop Policies apply to the winning item as if it was a purchased item from Etsy.
- By entering this giveaway, you are complying to the official rules as they have been laid out here 🙂
Please visit Rainbow Dolls and Cleo & Twigs on Etsy: