Giveaway! Signed Copy of Sew Serendipity by Kay Whitt!
Designer Kay Whitt of Serendipity Studio is offering a signed copy of her book, Sew Serendipity.
Lay it out, cut it out, sew it up, put it on!
Kay Whitt of Serendipity Studios proves that all you need to re-make your wardrobe are a few key things: Great fabric, easy-to-make patterns, a handful of simple skills, and your own personal sense of style!
Use Sew Serendipity to create a fresh, new look.
- Included in the book are tissue pattern inserts for the skirt, tunic/dress and jacket—each with 6 variations detailed in the book. 3 basic patterns x 6 variations=18 ways to show off your skills and style!
- Kay provides the master instructions for each basic garment, and individual instruction for each unique look. Once you master the basics, changing it up is a snap!
- Each clothing pattern is graded in seven sizes (bust: 32-44; waist: 24-36; hips: 34-46) from XXS to XXL. Use the “Custom Fitting” section of this book to learn how to measure yourself and adjust the patterns to get the best possible fit!
- Check out the “Tools of the Trade” and “Sewing Techniques” sections for an overview of tools and skills you’ll need to make the clothes in this book.
- Embellish your designs to match your style, whether you’re feeling the need for classic, tailored elegance, or you’re in the mood for a little ruffled whimsy. Kay’s simple embellishments make it a breeze to adapt your design to the look you want.
With Sew Serendipity, you’ll find out how to lay out the pattern pieces, cut them out and sew them up. All you have to do is put them on and strut your stuff!
To enter this giveaway, “Like” Sew Serendipity on Facebook.
Once you are a Follower OR you’ve checked out the shop, leave a comment on this post letting me know. PLEASE, ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
Of course, it totally grooves my hooves when you “Like” Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! on Facebook, but that won’t get you any extra entries, so only do it if you love me 🙂
Make sure I have a way to contact you if you win – an email address or a username to message you via Facebook, Twitter, Etsy convo, Blogger, etc.
I will select one winner from the comment pool using random.org.
Giveaway is open to US residents only
Giveaway ends Monday, May 23, 2011, at noon PST.
Giveaway closes on Monday, May 23, 2011 at noon PST. Comment datestamps must be recorded by that date/time to be eligible. Winner will be chosen by random drawing and will be announced on the same day the giveaway closes. The giveaway is open to US residents participants. Minors under the age of 18 must have parental/guardian permission to enter (if you are under 18, we will need to contact your parent(s)/guardian if you win and make sure they said it was okay-so ask permission before you enter). I will announce the winner on my blog and make every attempt to contact the winner. You may wish to leave your email address in your comment, or a place where I can message you via Facebook, Twitter, Etsy, etc. If the winner doesn’t respond within 10 days, a new winner will be chosen. Winning item will be sent by Serendipity Studio. Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! (Marigold Haske) is not responsible for loss/damage and/or disputes concerning the winning item. If there is a concern about the giveaway itself, please contact Marigold. Once a winner has been selected, all concerns will be handled between Serendipity Studio and the winner. All Serendipity Studio Shop Policies apply to the winning item as if it was a purchased item from Serendipity Studio. Please familiarize yourself with all shop policies before entering the giveaway. By entering this giveaway, you are complying to the official rules as they have been laid out here 🙂
Blogger’s Full Disclosure: Marigold Haske did not receive any monetary compensation or free product from Serendipity Studio/Kay Whitt for this endorsement.