I got this idea that the boys needed a teepee. Kind of silly, really, considering that we live in an overstuffed 1000sq ft. apartment with no back yard. (And I’m probably exaggerating a little when I say 1000 sq ft.) But, Pinterest! You know? Yeah. You know.
So I found a nice teepee tutorial and gathered a bunch of sticks, and drilled some holes and wrapped with yarn and Viola! I had a teepee shell.
And I spent a day or two looking at it before finally jumping into my stash and grabbing a bunch of old dress shirts that didn’t fit Steve anymore and mixed in more fabric scraps and started sewing it all together until I had a slapdash patchwork sheet that fit over the shell.
My favorite part is the closure. I sewed up the fronts of two dress shirts, one on top of the other, and the buttons of the shirt fronts make the door. Then I patted myself on the back for being so darn clever.
And now I have this amazing teepee that doesn’t fit anywhere in my apartment! We set it up in the boys room and they “camped” for a couple of nights, but most likely it is destined for the garage. Maybe I can use it as a beach shelter this summer, but I think I’ll have to add stakes to the bottom because it was pretty windy today and it got knocked over. Or maybe I’ll move so I can set this up permanently somewhere!