Furoshiki come in many sizes. I made mine 40cm x 40cm, but you could always cut a larger starting size and still follow the instructions.
The organic batiste fabric and organic sewing thread, used to make this project, were from my shop Stitch Organics.
You will need:
- 2 squares of organic batiste (40cm x 40cm): 1 blue, 1 undyed
- Snowflake embroidery pattern
- embroidery hoop
- organic sewing thread (in natural and ice) + needle
- beads or sequins (optional)
- sewing machine!
- Place your gift in one corner, on the diagonal.
- Roll the gift
- Take the free corners and tie in a knot!
- Admire your handiwork!
For other times of the year, you may like to use an undyed fabric, embroidered with my dragonfly design, and purple contrast fabric!
- Use thrifted/vintage fabric
- Hand stamp/print/paint simple designs
- Include bag handles and instructions (to create a ring handle bag) with your gift
Read the latest from Stephanie on The Crafty Kitty: